Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue March 6, 2012
Kentucky Death Toll Rises to 22
Kentucky's death toll from Friday's storms has risen to 22. State officials say the latest death occurred in Kenton County in northern Kentucky. The state says six people died in West Liberty in Morgan County. Five people are reported dead in Laurel County, four in Kenton County, three in Menifee County and two each in Lawrence and Johnson counties. Forecasters say the tornado that hit West Liberty was on the ground for about 60 continuous miles in eastern Kentucky. Meteorologist Tony Edwards says It was the strongest tornado in the region in nearly a quarter-century.