Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue March 6, 2012
Kentucky Death Toll Rises to 22
Kentucky's death toll from Friday's storms has risen to 22. State officials say the latest death occurred in Kenton County in northern Kentucky. The state says six people died in West Liberty in Morgan County. Five people are reported dead in Laurel County, four in Kenton County, three in Menifee County and two each in Lawrence and Johnson counties. Forecasters say the tornado that hit West Liberty was on the ground for about 60 continuous miles in eastern Kentucky. Meteorologist Tony Edwards says It was the strongest tornado in the region in nearly a quarter-century.