Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue March 6, 2012
Kentucky Death Toll Rises to 22
Kentucky's death toll from Friday's storms has risen to 22. State officials say the latest death occurred in Kenton County in northern Kentucky. The state says six people died in West Liberty in Morgan County. Five people are reported dead in Laurel County, four in Kenton County, three in Menifee County and two each in Lawrence and Johnson counties. Forecasters say the tornado that hit West Liberty was on the ground for about 60 continuous miles in eastern Kentucky. Meteorologist Tony Edwards says It was the strongest tornado in the region in nearly a quarter-century.