Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri August 16, 2013
Kentucky Commissioner of Education on 'Back to School' Across the Commonwealth
Common Core Standards and new science standards continue to prompt discussion in the Commonwealth as well as the nation, and Kentucky's Commissioner of Education Dr. Terry Holliday discusses these area of public concern. In the following interview with Kate Lochte, Dr. Holliday also addresses the status of the state's school districts raising the compulsory school attendance age to 18 as well as Kentucky's new eTranscript program for high school students.