Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu March 5, 2009
Kentucky College students at the mercy of CPE meeting
By Lisa Autry
Murray, KY – Kentucky college students are the mercy of the Council on Post Secondary Education, which meets today in Frankfort. That group will determine how much the state's public Colleges and Universities can raise tuition for the next school year. Students are asking decision makers to hold the line on further tuition hikes, while school presidents see them as a necessary evil to make up for a loss in state funding. Kentucky Public Radio's Lisa Autry has this report from Bowling Green.