Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu March 5, 2009
Kentucky College students at the mercy of CPE meeting
By Lisa Autry
Murray, KY – Kentucky college students are the mercy of the Council on Post Secondary Education, which meets today in Frankfort. That group will determine how much the state's public Colleges and Universities can raise tuition for the next school year. Students are asking decision makers to hold the line on further tuition hikes, while school presidents see them as a necessary evil to make up for a loss in state funding. Kentucky Public Radio's Lisa Autry has this report from Bowling Green.