Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 5, 2009
Kentucky College students at the mercy of CPE meeting
By Lisa Autry
Murray, KY – Kentucky college students are the mercy of the Council on Post Secondary Education, which meets today in Frankfort. That group will determine how much the state's public Colleges and Universities can raise tuition for the next school year. Students are asking decision makers to hold the line on further tuition hikes, while school presidents see them as a necessary evil to make up for a loss in state funding. Kentucky Public Radio's Lisa Autry has this report from Bowling Green.