Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri January 11, 2013
Kentucky Chamber Joins Hemp Supporters
Another supporter has come out in favor of industrial hemp in Kentucky. The state’s largest business group, the Kentucky Chamber, announced today that it supports hemp as a crop for oil and fiber.
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer touted the support on Twitter quickly after securing it. Comer has long said hemp could help struggling farmers in Kentucky turn profits. Many of the state’s federal lawmakers support the issue as well, including Congressmen Andy Barr, John Yarmuth and Thomas Massie and Senator Rand Paul. A bill to legalize hemp was filed in the Kentucky Senate today by the agriculture committee chair. Comer does not support legalizing hemp's cousin crop, marijuana.