Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon December 15, 2008
Kentucky Casts Electoral Votes
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – All eight of Kentucky's Electoral College votes for President of the United States have been cast for Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona. The electors, meeting at the State Capitol, also voted for Republican Sarah Palin for Vice-President. Secretary of State Trey Grayson says the votes from each state will be sealed and sent to the President of the U-S Senate, who will open them January 8th and read the results to both houses of Congress.
"If a copy's not received by them, they'll contact either our office or Judge Kaufman here in Franklin County at the U-S District Court, to get an additional copy. So, the copies are truly safeguards in case something were to happen."
President-elect Barack Obama didn't get the state's eight electoral votes because the Democratic senator from Illinois lost to Senator McCain by more than 300-thousand votes in Kentucky.