Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon December 15, 2008
Kentucky Casts Electoral Votes
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – All eight of Kentucky's Electoral College votes for President of the United States have been cast for Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona. The electors, meeting at the State Capitol, also voted for Republican Sarah Palin for Vice-President. Secretary of State Trey Grayson says the votes from each state will be sealed and sent to the President of the U-S Senate, who will open them January 8th and read the results to both houses of Congress.
"If a copy's not received by them, they'll contact either our office or Judge Kaufman here in Franklin County at the U-S District Court, to get an additional copy. So, the copies are truly safeguards in case something were to happen."
President-elect Barack Obama didn't get the state's eight electoral votes because the Democratic senator from Illinois lost to Senator McCain by more than 300-thousand votes in Kentucky.