Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu October 18, 2012
Kentucky Back Yard Burgers Safe from Closure
Restaurant chain Back Yard Burgers announced Wednesday it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but company officials say restaurant locations in Kentucky are safe from closure. Chief Marketing Officer Monte Jump says because Back Yard Burgers in Kentucky are franchises, they are exempt from the bankruptcy filing.
The restaurant has five locations in western Kentucky. The company closed several locations in other states ahead of the Chapter 11 announcement.