Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Thu October 18, 2012
Kentucky Back Yard Burgers Safe from Closure
Restaurant chain Back Yard Burgers announced Wednesday it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but company officials say restaurant locations in Kentucky are safe from closure. Chief Marketing Officer Monte Jump says because Back Yard Burgers in Kentucky are franchises, they are exempt from the bankruptcy filing.
The restaurant has five locations in western Kentucky. The company closed several locations in other states ahead of the Chapter 11 announcement.