Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu October 18, 2012
Kentucky Back Yard Burgers Safe from Closure
Restaurant chain Back Yard Burgers announced Wednesday it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but company officials say restaurant locations in Kentucky are safe from closure. Chief Marketing Officer Monte Jump says because Back Yard Burgers in Kentucky are franchises, they are exempt from the bankruptcy filing.
The restaurant has five locations in western Kentucky. The company closed several locations in other states ahead of the Chapter 11 announcement.