Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue July 1, 2014
Kentucky Automotive Industry Assoc. Names First Executive Director
A new group formed to advance the Commonwealth’s auto industry has named its first executive director.
Dave Tatman, a former general manager at the General Motors Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, will lead the Kentucky Automotive Industry Association.
Tatman was appointed by the KAIA’s 12-member board of directors, chaired by Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development Secretary Larry Hayes.
Gov. Steve Beshear announced the formation of the KAIA in April, with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development providing support while the new organization establishes its framework.
According to a news release from the KAIA, Kentucky ranks third in the U.S. in light vehicle production and first per capita, with more than 1.2 million cars produced in 2013.