Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue July 1, 2014
Kentucky Automotive Industry Assoc. Names First Executive Director
A new group formed to advance the Commonwealth’s auto industry has named its first executive director.
Dave Tatman, a former general manager at the General Motors Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, will lead the Kentucky Automotive Industry Association.
Tatman was appointed by the KAIA’s 12-member board of directors, chaired by Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development Secretary Larry Hayes.
Gov. Steve Beshear announced the formation of the KAIA in April, with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development providing support while the new organization establishes its framework.
According to a news release from the KAIA, Kentucky ranks third in the U.S. in light vehicle production and first per capita, with more than 1.2 million cars produced in 2013.