Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 13, 2012
Kentucky Arts Council Awards Funding
The Kentucky Arts Council (KAP) has awarded just over $188,000 to nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in our area.
The largest awards will go to Paducah’s Carson Center, Paducah Symphony Orchestra, The National Quilt Museum, and Market House Theatre. Nonprofit organizations in Calloway, Christian, Crittendon, Graves, Henderson, Marshall, and Trigg Counties will also receive funding. The Council awarded a total $1.7 million in funding support to over one hundred nonprofit arts and cultural organizations across the Commonwealth.
The following is a listing by county of FY2013 KAP organizations in our area:
Pennyroyal Arts Council $8,909
Fohs Hall Community Arts Foundation $2,392
Mayfield/Graves County Art Guild $1,799
Henderson Area Arts Alliance $11,310
Riverbend Academy School of Visual and Performing Arts $4,853
Ohio Valley Art League $2,624
Marshall County Arts Commission $2,052
Janice Mason Art Museum $2,475