Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 13, 2012
Kentucky Arts Council Awards Funding
The Kentucky Arts Council (KAP) has awarded just over $188,000 to nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in our area.
The largest awards will go to Paducah’s Carson Center, Paducah Symphony Orchestra, The National Quilt Museum, and Market House Theatre. Nonprofit organizations in Calloway, Christian, Crittendon, Graves, Henderson, Marshall, and Trigg Counties will also receive funding. The Council awarded a total $1.7 million in funding support to over one hundred nonprofit arts and cultural organizations across the Commonwealth.
The following is a listing by county of FY2013 KAP organizations in our area:
Pennyroyal Arts Council $8,909
Fohs Hall Community Arts Foundation $2,392
Mayfield/Graves County Art Guild $1,799
Henderson Area Arts Alliance $11,310
Riverbend Academy School of Visual and Performing Arts $4,853
Ohio Valley Art League $2,624
Marshall County Arts Commission $2,052
Janice Mason Art Museum $2,475