Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu August 1, 2013
Kentucky AmeriCorps Programs To Receive Grants
A dozen Kentucky AmeriCorps programs will receive more than $3.8 million in new grant money. The state Cabinet for Health and Family Services says the grant recipients include programs to prevent student dropouts and help victims of domestic violence.
The grants were announced Wednesday by cabinet Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes. The Kentucky programs receiving grants include 472 full- and part-time members. The projects will last anywhere from three months to one year, and most will begin this fall. AmeriCorps is a national service program and serves faith-based and nonprofit organizations.