Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu August 1, 2013
Kentucky AmeriCorps Programs To Receive Grants
A dozen Kentucky AmeriCorps programs will receive more than $3.8 million in new grant money. The state Cabinet for Health and Family Services says the grant recipients include programs to prevent student dropouts and help victims of domestic violence.
The grants were announced Wednesday by cabinet Secretary Audrey Tayse Haynes. The Kentucky programs receiving grants include 472 full- and part-time members. The projects will last anywhere from three months to one year, and most will begin this fall. AmeriCorps is a national service program and serves faith-based and nonprofit organizations.