Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 6, 2008
Kentuckians Need to Claim Stimulus Checks
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – More than 67 thousand eligible Kentuckians may have money coming to them from the Internal Revenue Service, but they must act by October 15 to claim it. Last year, Congress passed an economic stimulus package that provided most low and moderate income families with a check. The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reports over 20 thousand dollars remains unclaimed by Kentucky taxpayers, many of whom are low-income senior citizens, veterans and individuals with disabilities. People in these groups often don't file a tax return if their sole source of income is Social Security or veterans' benefits. Those who need help filing their return should call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.