Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 6, 2008
Kentuckians Need to Claim Stimulus Checks
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – More than 67 thousand eligible Kentuckians may have money coming to them from the Internal Revenue Service, but they must act by October 15 to claim it. Last year, Congress passed an economic stimulus package that provided most low and moderate income families with a check. The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reports over 20 thousand dollars remains unclaimed by Kentucky taxpayers, many of whom are low-income senior citizens, veterans and individuals with disabilities. People in these groups often don't file a tax return if their sole source of income is Social Security or veterans' benefits. Those who need help filing their return should call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.