Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 16, 2012
Kentuckians Aboard Italian Shipwreck
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – The family of a Bowling Green woman says she is safe and on her way home after escaping from a cruise ship that ran aground in Italy killing at least five people. Sarah Moore says her daughter, Lauren Moore, was among thousands who were aboard the cruise ship Costa Concordia. She says her daughter had just started a 10-day Mediterranean cruise Friday night when the ship ran aground. Lauren More was not the only Kentuckian on the cruise, Kentucky resident Joe Ryan also survived and was trying to get home, according to his father. Divers were searching for 15 passengers who remained missing.