Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon October 19, 2009
Kenergy Creates Emergency Notification Plan
Henderson, KY – Kenergy Corp. has created a plan to distribute information to the public in an emergency. The nonprofit energy cooperative created the plan after suffering severe communications difficulties after January's devastating ice storm. Kenergy covers a 14-county area. The plan calls for information to be distributed to customers and the media by phone and through the Internet during major power outages.
Company spokeswoman Renee Beasley Jones says customers reported they often could not reach the utility during the storm to report outages or get information, and Kenergy officials had trouble communicating internally. Jones says about 49,000 of the company's 55,000 customers lost power during the ice storm.