Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon October 19, 2009
Kenergy Creates Emergency Notification Plan
Henderson, KY – Kenergy Corp. has created a plan to distribute information to the public in an emergency. The nonprofit energy cooperative created the plan after suffering severe communications difficulties after January's devastating ice storm. Kenergy covers a 14-county area. The plan calls for information to be distributed to customers and the media by phone and through the Internet during major power outages.
Company spokeswoman Renee Beasley Jones says customers reported they often could not reach the utility during the storm to report outages or get information, and Kenergy officials had trouble communicating internally. Jones says about 49,000 of the company's 55,000 customers lost power during the ice storm.