Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon October 19, 2009
Kenergy Creates Emergency Notification Plan
Henderson, KY – Kenergy Corp. has created a plan to distribute information to the public in an emergency. The nonprofit energy cooperative created the plan after suffering severe communications difficulties after January's devastating ice storm. Kenergy covers a 14-county area. The plan calls for information to be distributed to customers and the media by phone and through the Internet during major power outages.
Company spokeswoman Renee Beasley Jones says customers reported they often could not reach the utility during the storm to report outages or get information, and Kenergy officials had trouble communicating internally. Jones says about 49,000 of the company's 55,000 customers lost power during the ice storm.