Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri January 27, 2012
Ken Winters' Test Ethics Bill Passes Senate
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill making it illegal for school district employees to allow students to examine tests in advance. Murray Senator Ken Winters put out the bill in response to nationwide reports of school officials cheating on tests to improve their schools' performance evaluations. The penalties include 1 thousand dollar fines and disciplinary action by the Education Professional Standards Board. The bill passed unanimously and now goes to the House for consideration.