Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri January 27, 2012
Ken Winters' Test Ethics Bill Passes Senate
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill making it illegal for school district employees to allow students to examine tests in advance. Murray Senator Ken Winters put out the bill in response to nationwide reports of school officials cheating on tests to improve their schools' performance evaluations. The penalties include 1 thousand dollar fines and disciplinary action by the Education Professional Standards Board. The bill passed unanimously and now goes to the House for consideration.