Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri January 27, 2012
Ken Winters' Test Ethics Bill Passes Senate
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill making it illegal for school district employees to allow students to examine tests in advance. Murray Senator Ken Winters put out the bill in response to nationwide reports of school officials cheating on tests to improve their schools' performance evaluations. The penalties include 1 thousand dollar fines and disciplinary action by the Education Professional Standards Board. The bill passed unanimously and now goes to the House for consideration.