Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 27, 2012
Ken Winters' Test Ethics Bill Passes Senate
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill making it illegal for school district employees to allow students to examine tests in advance. Murray Senator Ken Winters put out the bill in response to nationwide reports of school officials cheating on tests to improve their schools' performance evaluations. The penalties include 1 thousand dollar fines and disciplinary action by the Education Professional Standards Board. The bill passed unanimously and now goes to the House for consideration.