Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri February 13, 2009
Ken Winters on Student Assessment Bill
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Republican Kentucky Senator Ken Winters, of Murray, and Senate President David Williams, Republican-Burkesville are sponsoring the bill which would end the current system of student assessment by 2012. The bill proposes the removal of open-response questions from the state's end-of-year student assessments in favor of a national norm-referenced test augmented by additional multiple-choice tests to cover the state's core content. Kate Lochte has more about it with Senator Winters.