Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed July 25, 2007
Ken Burns and Dexter Gordon
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Since its broadcast in 2001, Ken Burn's documentary miniseries on jazz has garnered mixed reviews by critics. While praised for his inclusion of rare video clips and excellent soundtrack, opposing critics say his premise favors the classical influence in modern jazz, rather than the fusion and free jazz movements. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about a particular example involving Dexter Gordon's album, Homecoming: Live at the Village Vanguard.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.