Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed July 25, 2007
Ken Burns and Dexter Gordon
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Since its broadcast in 2001, Ken Burn's documentary miniseries on jazz has garnered mixed reviews by critics. While praised for his inclusion of rare video clips and excellent soundtrack, opposing critics say his premise favors the classical influence in modern jazz, rather than the fusion and free jazz movements. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about a particular example involving Dexter Gordon's album, Homecoming: Live at the Village Vanguard.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.