Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed July 25, 2007
Ken Burns and Dexter Gordon
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Since its broadcast in 2001, Ken Burn's documentary miniseries on jazz has garnered mixed reviews by critics. While praised for his inclusion of rare video clips and excellent soundtrack, opposing critics say his premise favors the classical influence in modern jazz, rather than the fusion and free jazz movements. Dr. Brian Clardy talks about a particular example involving Dexter Gordon's album, Homecoming: Live at the Village Vanguard.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.