Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed October 20, 2010
Kelly Paul speaks about Conway
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – In the waning days of Kentucky's U.S. Senate race, the wife of republican Rand Paul is coming to her husband's defense. Kelly Paul is responding to an attack ad by democratic rival Jack Conway that accuses Rand Paul of joining a college group that ridiculed Christianity. At a news conference in Bowling Green today, Kelly Paul called the ad desperate and shameful.
"My husband would never try to smear an opponent with baseless anonymous gossip about their teenage years. At the end of the day, we all have to look in the mirror, and I'm proud to say my husband will be able to do that when this race is over."
While republicans and some democrats have condemned the ad, Conway maintains it raises legitimate questions about Paul's values.