Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri October 12, 2007
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Jazz singer Kelley Johnson not only maintains a low profile: playing in Seattle Jazz clubs and giving private vocal lessons, but she also maintains constant admiration from critics who compare her Crisp, Clearly Executed, and Relaxed Jazz Vocals to legendary artists like Carmen McRae, Abbey Lincoln, and Ella Fitzgerald. A critic from The Seattle Weekly said, She's the kind of artist you can lose yourself in for an evening. Commentator, Dr. Brian Clardy lost himself one evening at a music store when he discovered one of her albums In fact, he's never been the same.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.