Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri October 12, 2007
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Jazz singer Kelley Johnson not only maintains a low profile: playing in Seattle Jazz clubs and giving private vocal lessons, but she also maintains constant admiration from critics who compare her Crisp, Clearly Executed, and Relaxed Jazz Vocals to legendary artists like Carmen McRae, Abbey Lincoln, and Ella Fitzgerald. A critic from The Seattle Weekly said, She's the kind of artist you can lose yourself in for an evening. Commentator, Dr. Brian Clardy lost himself one evening at a music store when he discovered one of her albums In fact, he's never been the same.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.