Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 23, 2009
Keep it Out of Murray Launches Petition
By Jacque Day
Murray, Ky. – The very visible Keep it Local campaign to legalize package liquor sales in Murray now has a competitor. In a counter-effort launched within the last few weeks, Keep it Out of Murray has positioned itself to trump the pro-package-liquor group, by launching its own petition. Their objective: to beat Keep it Local to the punch, and get a very different local option vote on the ballot. Jacque Day has the story.