Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon October 22, 2012
KDE Announces Nov. 2 Test Score Release Date
The Kentucky Department of Education releases state test scores November 2. KDE has warned for months to expect lackluster scores from Kentucky's new public school assessments. Students in the state's 174 school districts took the inaugural Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress tests last spring.
Officials have since prepared the public for low scores, especially in math and reading. That's because the K-PREP tests were based on the newly adopted Common Core State Standards, a set of benchmarks designed to ensure a uniform public K-12 education from state-to-state.