Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Mon October 22, 2012
KDE Announces Nov. 2 Test Score Release Date
The Kentucky Department of Education releases state test scores November 2. KDE has warned for months to expect lackluster scores from Kentucky's new public school assessments. Students in the state's 174 school districts took the inaugural Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress tests last spring.
Officials have since prepared the public for low scores, especially in math and reading. That's because the K-PREP tests were based on the newly adopted Common Core State Standards, a set of benchmarks designed to ensure a uniform public K-12 education from state-to-state.