Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon October 22, 2012
KDE Announces Nov. 2 Test Score Release Date
The Kentucky Department of Education releases state test scores November 2. KDE has warned for months to expect lackluster scores from Kentucky's new public school assessments. Students in the state's 174 school districts took the inaugural Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress tests last spring.
Officials have since prepared the public for low scores, especially in math and reading. That's because the K-PREP tests were based on the newly adopted Common Core State Standards, a set of benchmarks designed to ensure a uniform public K-12 education from state-to-state.