Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon October 22, 2012
KDE Announces Nov. 2 Test Score Release Date
The Kentucky Department of Education releases state test scores November 2. KDE has warned for months to expect lackluster scores from Kentucky's new public school assessments. Students in the state's 174 school districts took the inaugural Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress tests last spring.
Officials have since prepared the public for low scores, especially in math and reading. That's because the K-PREP tests were based on the newly adopted Common Core State Standards, a set of benchmarks designed to ensure a uniform public K-12 education from state-to-state.