Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon September 28, 2009
KCTCS Tenure Vote
Frankfort, KY – The panel that oversees the state's community college system has voted to rescind its spring vote eliminating the possibility of tenure for new faculty. The action Friday came five days after state Attorney General Jack Conway issued an advisory opinion that found the board of regents did not have the authority to refuse tenure for faculty hired after June 30. The Courier-Journal reports the vote was unanimous to revise the hiring policy.