Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu February 25, 2010
KCTCS in Frankfort
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Community and Technical College System rallied in the Capitol rotunda today. Donning matching yellow T-shirts, students gave personal testimony of the importance of KCTCS in their lives. Western Kentucky Community and Technical College President Dr. Barbara Veazey says they're lobbying took a personal approach.
"Many of them have been laid off have come back to college to get a second career, or to get retrained in something that's more marketable. And they were telling story to the legislators."
The Paducah based school met the average enrollment increase of 18 percent this past spring and expects to keep growing. Veazey says they're not asking for increased funding, but to keep funding flat.