Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu December 4, 2008
KCTCS Board Considers Dropping Faculty Tenure
By Casey Northcutt
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky Community and Technical College System's board of regents will consider abandoning the tenure system for future faculty members. The Lexington Herald Leader reports regents are considering the idea to allow the system hiring flexibility, equipping it to better handle "rapid shifts in the job market." Opponents worry doing away with the tenure system would hinder KCTCS's chances of attracting quality professors, especially to rural campuses. The board discusses the suggested policy Friday, which proposes not granting tenure to faculty after 168 current eligible tenure track faculty complete the process. Those decisions would be complete by 2014.