Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 3, 2008
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's initiative to enroll more children in the Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program begins today. The plan involves easier enrollment, efforts to retain currently enrolled children, and outreach programs. Officials hope to get more that 35-thousand children in KCHIP or Medicaid by 2011. KCHIP provides health insurance to children in families with an income 200 percent below the poverty line. A reported 67-thousand Kentucky children are eligible but not currently enrolled in the program.