Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 11, 2010
Jury Selection to Start in Soldier's 2nd Trial
Elizabethtown, KY – Jury selection is scheduled to begin Monday in Elizabethtown in the second trial of a former Fort Campbell military police officer charged with a double murder. The first trial in September ended early in a mistrial. U.S. Army Sgt. Brent Burke is charged with murder in the 2007 shooting deaths of his estranged wife, 31-year-old Tracy Burke, and her former mother-in-law, 53-year-old Karen D. Comer of Rineyville in Hardin County. Burke has pleaded not guilty. The two boys and an infant sister were found hiding in a closet.