Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 6, 2009
Jury Selection for Soldier Trial
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Jury selection has begun in Paducah for the trial of a former Fort Campbell soldier charged with raping a teenage Iraqi girl and killing her and her family. Private First Class Steven Dale Green was a member of the 101st Airborne Division when the attack occurred in March 2006. Three other soldiers pled guilty to having roles in the attack and a fourth was convicted. Green has pleaded not guilty. His trial is in civilian court because he was discharged from the Army before facing murder charges. Green could face the death penalty. Opening arguments in the trial begin April 27.