Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 9, 2012
Jury Selection Begins in Walker Retrial
Attorneys are selecting a jury in the trial of a western Kentucky man accused of starting a fatal fire at Murray State in the late 90’s.
Jerry Wayne Walker Junior faces arson, manslaughter and wanton endangerment charges for the 1998 Hester Hall fire that killed student Michael Minger. Walker was originally tried for murder in 2001 but the jury stalemated. State police revisited the case and brought new charges last year, more than a decade after Walker was originally charged. Walker was working as an assistant principal and minister at his church in Paducah when he was charged in September. His attorney says the trial should show that someone else is to blame for the fire. The trial was moved to Marshall County from Murray.