Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 27, 2009
Jury Deliberates in Soldier's Trial
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – A military jury will begin deliberating today in the case of a Fort Campbell soldier charged in the murder of an Iraqi detainee. 1st Lieutenant Michael Behenna faces charges of premeditated murder, assault and making a false statement. Behenna testified yesterday he shot Ali Mansour Mohammed in May 2008 in self-defense when the detainee reached for his gun during an interrogation. Prosecutors argue that Behenna intended to kill the detainee and justified it to others by saying Mohammed was involved in a fatal roadside bombing.