Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Crime and Law
Tue February 28, 2012
Jury Convicts Man in Western Kentucky Pedestrian Death
A jury has convicted a 47-year-old Daviess County man of reckless homicide in the hit-and-run death of a teenager two years ago. The circuit court jury also found Jeffery John Kotarek guilty of leaving the scene of an accident and tampering with physical evidence. The jury recommended Monday Kotarek serve five years on each count with the sentences to run consecutively for a total of 15 years. The case stems from the March 2010 death of 13-year-old Madalynn Matlock, who was hit four days earlier as she walked along Old Kentucky 54 near Philpot.