Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Crime and Law
Tue February 28, 2012
Jury Convicts Man in Western Kentucky Pedestrian Death
A jury has convicted a 47-year-old Daviess County man of reckless homicide in the hit-and-run death of a teenager two years ago. The circuit court jury also found Jeffery John Kotarek guilty of leaving the scene of an accident and tampering with physical evidence. The jury recommended Monday Kotarek serve five years on each count with the sentences to run consecutively for a total of 15 years. The case stems from the March 2010 death of 13-year-old Madalynn Matlock, who was hit four days earlier as she walked along Old Kentucky 54 near Philpot.