Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Crime and Law
Tue February 28, 2012
Jury Convicts Man in Western Kentucky Pedestrian Death
A jury has convicted a 47-year-old Daviess County man of reckless homicide in the hit-and-run death of a teenager two years ago. The circuit court jury also found Jeffery John Kotarek guilty of leaving the scene of an accident and tampering with physical evidence. The jury recommended Monday Kotarek serve five years on each count with the sentences to run consecutively for a total of 15 years. The case stems from the March 2010 death of 13-year-old Madalynn Matlock, who was hit four days earlier as she walked along Old Kentucky 54 near Philpot.