Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon April 28, 2014
Junior Achievement West Kentucky Brings Programs to the Purchase
According to the national website of Junior Achievement, the non-profit organization provides schools with programs about young people generating wealth and effectively managing it, creating jobs which make their communities more robust, and applying entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace. Junior Achievement West Kentucky President Dan Douglas is based in Owensboro, but its programs are in schools throughout the Pennyrile and now, in the Purchase Area.
"We work very hard in cooperation with local schools and the business community to better prepare and inspire young people to succeed in the global economy by focusing on what we call the three pillars of success: financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship."
Junior Achievement West Kentucky President Dan Douglas says the organization's delivery system provides materials including curricula for elementary, middle and high school students. To get in touch with the Owensboro office see westernky.ja.org.