Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon April 28, 2014
Junior Achievement West Kentucky Brings Programs to the Purchase
According to the national website of Junior Achievement, the non-profit organization provides schools with programs about young people generating wealth and effectively managing it, creating jobs which make their communities more robust, and applying entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace. Junior Achievement West Kentucky President Dan Douglas is based in Owensboro, but its programs are in schools throughout the Pennyrile and now, in the Purchase Area.
"We work very hard in cooperation with local schools and the business community to better prepare and inspire young people to succeed in the global economy by focusing on what we call the three pillars of success: financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship."
Junior Achievement West Kentucky President Dan Douglas says the organization's delivery system provides materials including curricula for elementary, middle and high school students. To get in touch with the Owensboro office see westernky.ja.org.