Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon August 20, 2007
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Julia Alvarez comes to Murray State, Monday August 20th to speak to a group of Freshmen who read her book, "Something to Declare" for the Freshmen Reading Experience this summer. Kate Lochte interviews the author about how she went from a Dominican refugee to a poet in Kentucky to a nationally known author.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lochte's interview with Alvarez. Ms. Alvarez and her opthamologist husband are also involved in a 60 acre coffee plantation in the Dominican Republic, which also functions as a literary center. It's called Finca Alta Gracia and their product is Cafe Alta Gracia, available online at www.cafealtagracia.com.