Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue October 27, 2009
Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Against NAACP
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A federal judge in Clarksville has dismissed a civil lawsuit against the city's chapter of the NAACP. U.S. District Judge William Haynes threw out the case because the suit named private persons and entities as defendants while the lawsuit focuses on government activity. The suit alleged the organization failed to investigate multiple discrimination complaints over several years because many members were appointed government officials and could not pursue complaints because of a conflict of interest. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the suit was filed by Kevin Johnson, who runs the Clarksville Regional Minority Business Center and the Veterans Service Center of America.