Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 3, 2012
Judge Shuts Down Christian Health Care Ministry
A Kentucky judge has shut down a Christians-only health care ministry, saying it could not operate until it got approval from the state Department of Insurance. Franklin County Circuit Judge Thomas Wingate made the ruling against Medi-Share, a Florida-based cost-sharing ministry that helps pay medical bills for churchgoers who pledge not to smoke, drink, use drugs or have sex outside of marriage.
Medi-Share continued to operate for a year after the state Supreme Court ruled it was subject to the same regulations as other health care plans. Medi-Share claims its participants aren’t buying insurance, instead they’re involved in a charitable endeavor to pay each others’ medical bills.