Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri August 31, 2012
Judge: IL must set money aside in pay dispute
The judge in a dispute over Illinois workers' pay raises is telling Governor Pat Quinn's administration to hand over unspent money from the state budget in case he rules in favor of the employees. Cook County Circuit Court Judge Richard Billik ordered a voucher for $18 million in unspent payroll money sent to the state comptroller. Millions more might also be involved. Yesterday’s order came a day before the state's authority to earmark spending from the last budget expires. Quinn hasn't paid about $60 million in raises required by the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees' 2011 contract because he says the Legislature didn't appropriate it. An arbitrator ruled in favor of the union but Quinn sued and Billik is deciding the case.