Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue August 18, 2009
Judge Grats APSU Property
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – A Tennessee circuit court judge has granted Austin Peay State University imminent domain on a disputed piece of property. Circuit Judge Ross Hicks granted the 1-(point)-35 acre property to the university for 530-thousand dollars, a third of the asking price. North Carolina developer Kenny Properties had asked 1-(point)-5 million for the land. APSU Vice President of Finance and Administration Mitch Robinson says previous appraisals had valued the property at up to 550-thousand dollars. Robinson says the area is needed to expanding student parking and for later building projects. The imminent domain decision isn't the last word however; a jury will consider the final price APSU pays for the site.