Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue July 21, 2009
Judge Executive's Son Indicted
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – The son of Hopkins County Judge-Executive Donnie Carroll has been indicted on five counts, including felony drug possession. Madisonville police arrested Michael Carroll, in May after pulling him over for speeding in a county vehicle. The Madisonville Messenger says Carroll had been on his way to the Public Works Department where he was employed as a temporary worker. Officers found marijuana and methamphetamine in the vehicle. Carroll was housed in the Hopkins County Jail for eighteen days before being bonded out. A grand jury indicted him for first-degree drug possession, operating a vehicle under the influence, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Carroll has one previous DUI charge in April 2007. His next court appearance is schedule for July 27.