Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri July 17, 2009
JPEC Cancels Rate Increase Request
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Jackson Purchase Energy reports it is withdrawing a request to the Kentucky Public Service Commission for 20% rate increases on electricity bills either sometime today or Monday. The Paducah Sun reports the increase would have gone into effect in September and cost an estimated $10 more a month for average users. JPEC officials say the increases are no longer necessary because their costs will be reduced after Big Rivers Electric regains control of generating plants it gave up in 1998 under bankruptcy reorganization. Big Rivers supplies the power distributed by Jackson Purchase Energy.