Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Sat July 11, 2009
Journalist and author, John Egerton, visits Murray State
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Journalist, author, and academic John Egerton has written or edited eleven works of non-fiction. Born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Cadiz, Kentucky, Egerton has long been fascinated by the South's history and culture. In 1974, he wrote The Americanization of the South, which explored the social conditions and the directions the south was headed in, and Egerton lectures extensively on those topics. He'll present a craft lecture tomorrow to Murray State's Creative Writing MFA students during their 2009 summer residency and will give a reading tomorrow night at MSU's Clara Eagle gallery that's open to the public. Todd Hatton spoke with John Egerton about what he'll be speaking to the students about, and the state of journalism some of these students will be getting into.