Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Sat July 11, 2009
Journalist and author, John Egerton, visits Murray State
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Journalist, author, and academic John Egerton has written or edited eleven works of non-fiction. Born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Cadiz, Kentucky, Egerton has long been fascinated by the South's history and culture. In 1974, he wrote The Americanization of the South, which explored the social conditions and the directions the south was headed in, and Egerton lectures extensively on those topics. He'll present a craft lecture tomorrow to Murray State's Creative Writing MFA students during their 2009 summer residency and will give a reading tomorrow night at MSU's Clara Eagle gallery that's open to the public. Todd Hatton spoke with John Egerton about what he'll be speaking to the students about, and the state of journalism some of these students will be getting into.