Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 13, 2014
Jonathan Wilson On World Cafe
Jonathan Wilson may be from North Carolina, but his sound and aesthetic are 100 percent L.A. Upon his arrival in that city, Wilson's focal point quickly became Laurel Canyon, where he worked to organize regular jam sessions. These gatherings brought together like-minded musicians who revere the California folk-rock sounds of the 1970s.
For Wilson's second solo album, Fanfare, musicians from the original scene, like David Crosby and Graham Nash, came together to contribute. Here, Wilson joins World Cafe in the studio to chat and perform three songs.