Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri December 19, 2008
Jon Draud Resigns
By Stu Johnson
Frankfort – A year after his hiring, Kentucky Education Commissioner Jon Draud is resigning due to health reasons. The former northern Kentucky legislator suffered a stroke in September. He says his recovery has gone well, but he's only been able to work three days a week.
"I haven't been able to drive a lot and only recently have I been able to drive a car and this job requires a lot of driving a lot of energy too, and uh, there's a lot of stress associated with it and uh I just really my wife and children convinced me I need to focus on my recovery."
Commissioner Draud was hired in November 2007, after the board's first choice, Illinois educator Barbara Irwin, quickly resigned after questions arose about her qualifications.