Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri April 13, 2012
Joe Pug: Carpenter Turned Singer/Songwriter
It's only been four years since singer/songwriter Joe Pug quit his day job to focus on music full time. However, the Maryland native and Austin resident has already garnered comparisons to musicians like REM, Iron & Wine, John Prine, and Bob Dylan.
The former carpenter and recent South By Southwest artist is the next performer for Murray State’s Lovett Live Series. Beyond the Edge Host Tracy Ross and Lovett Live Host Matt Parker speak with Pug about his creative process, the inevitable comparisons to Bob Dylan, and his latest album, The Great Despiser.
Singer/Songwriter Joe Pug performs Sunday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m. in Lovett Auditorium as part of Murray State's Lovett Live Onstage concert series. Tickets are $14 and are available at the CFSB Center box office or at ticketmaster.com. For more information call 270-809-3000.