Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Polls: Republicans Lead All of Kentucky's Statewide Races; Paul Tops GOP Presidential Hopefuls
- Convoy Tours Controversial Areas at Land Between the Lakes
Fri April 13, 2012
Joe Pug: Carpenter Turned Singer/Songwriter
It's only been four years since singer/songwriter Joe Pug quit his day job to focus on music full time. However, the Maryland native and Austin resident has already garnered comparisons to musicians like REM, Iron & Wine, John Prine, and Bob Dylan.
The former carpenter and recent South By Southwest artist is the next performer for Murray State’s Lovett Live Series. Beyond the Edge Host Tracy Ross and Lovett Live Host Matt Parker speak with Pug about his creative process, the inevitable comparisons to Bob Dylan, and his latest album, The Great Despiser.
Singer/Songwriter Joe Pug performs Sunday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m. in Lovett Auditorium as part of Murray State's Lovett Live Onstage concert series. Tickets are $14 and are available at the CFSB Center box office or at ticketmaster.com. For more information call 270-809-3000.