Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed December 31, 2008
Jobless Rates for the Year
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training reports the state jobless rate increased two percent from November 2007 to November 2008. 116 Kentucky counties saw increases. In Western Kentucky, Calloway County's rate rose from four-point-seven to almost six percent. Christian County saw one of the most dramatic increases, shooting up from six-point-five to eight and a half percent by the end of last month.