Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 31, 2008
Jobless Rates for the Year
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training reports the state jobless rate increased two percent from November 2007 to November 2008. 116 Kentucky counties saw increases. In Western Kentucky, Calloway County's rate rose from four-point-seven to almost six percent. Christian County saw one of the most dramatic increases, shooting up from six-point-five to eight and a half percent by the end of last month.