Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri August 28, 2009
Jobless Rate Rises across KY
Frankfort, KY – Jobless rates are continuing to rise in all 120 Kentucky counties. The Office of Employment and Training released a report yesterday showing that the nation's economic woes cost Kentucky more jobs in July.
Magoffin County had the highest unemployment rate in the state in July at 19.6 percent. Jackson, Powell, Bath, Trigg and Metcalfe counties all had unemployment rates of 16 percent or more.
Fayette County recorded the state's lowest jobless rate in July at 8.2 percent. Oldham, Boyd and Calloway counties were the only other counties with jobless rates below 9 percent.