Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri August 28, 2009
Jobless Rate Rises across KY
Frankfort, KY – Jobless rates are continuing to rise in all 120 Kentucky counties. The Office of Employment and Training released a report yesterday showing that the nation's economic woes cost Kentucky more jobs in July.
Magoffin County had the highest unemployment rate in the state in July at 19.6 percent. Jackson, Powell, Bath, Trigg and Metcalfe counties all had unemployment rates of 16 percent or more.
Fayette County recorded the state's lowest jobless rate in July at 8.2 percent. Oldham, Boyd and Calloway counties were the only other counties with jobless rates below 9 percent.