Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 28, 2009
Jobless Rate Rises across KY
Frankfort, KY – Jobless rates are continuing to rise in all 120 Kentucky counties. The Office of Employment and Training released a report yesterday showing that the nation's economic woes cost Kentucky more jobs in July.
Magoffin County had the highest unemployment rate in the state in July at 19.6 percent. Jackson, Powell, Bath, Trigg and Metcalfe counties all had unemployment rates of 16 percent or more.
Fayette County recorded the state's lowest jobless rate in July at 8.2 percent. Oldham, Boyd and Calloway counties were the only other counties with jobless rates below 9 percent.