Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri August 28, 2009
Jobless Rate Rises across KY
Frankfort, KY – Jobless rates are continuing to rise in all 120 Kentucky counties. The Office of Employment and Training released a report yesterday showing that the nation's economic woes cost Kentucky more jobs in July.
Magoffin County had the highest unemployment rate in the state in July at 19.6 percent. Jackson, Powell, Bath, Trigg and Metcalfe counties all had unemployment rates of 16 percent or more.
Fayette County recorded the state's lowest jobless rate in July at 8.2 percent. Oldham, Boyd and Calloway counties were the only other counties with jobless rates below 9 percent.