Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed April 18, 2012
Jobless Rate Falls Again
The Kentucky Office of Unemployment and Training reported Wednesday that the jobless rate for the state fell to 8.6 percent in March, from 8.7 percent in February. The rate was 1.1 percentage points below the March 2011 rate. The March numbers mark the ninth consecutive month the jobless rate has declined. The largest job gains were seen in transportation and utilities with an increase of 1,900 jobs, followed by the leisure and hospitality sector with 1,800. The manufacturing and construction sector both reported job losses in March.