Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue May 22, 2012
Job Training Assistance for Veterans
Unemployed military veterans between 35 and 60 could qualify for up to a year of training for high-demand jobs through a federal program. The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training is promoting the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program for eligible Kentucky veterans.
Participants would get nearly $1,500 a month through the Montgomery-GI Bill while they train, plus get help finding a job when they complete their training. You can find more information about the program here.