Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue May 22, 2012
Job Training Assistance for Veterans
Unemployed military veterans between 35 and 60 could qualify for up to a year of training for high-demand jobs through a federal program. The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training is promoting the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program for eligible Kentucky veterans.
Participants would get nearly $1,500 a month through the Montgomery-GI Bill while they train, plus get help finding a job when they complete their training. You can find more information about the program here.