Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue May 22, 2012
Job Training Assistance for Veterans
Unemployed military veterans between 35 and 60 could qualify for up to a year of training for high-demand jobs through a federal program. The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training is promoting the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program for eligible Kentucky veterans.
Participants would get nearly $1,500 a month through the Montgomery-GI Bill while they train, plus get help finding a job when they complete their training. You can find more information about the program here.