Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
Thu April 26, 2012
Jesca Hoop at Cannery Ballroom
Jesca Hoop is a self-declared "Avapop" singer-songwriter. Raised in a northern California Mormon family, she worked in an array of professions (farming, carpentry, surveying, even a survival program in Arizona's mountains for troubled youth) before pursuing her music in 2005 while working as Tom Waits' nanny.
Her first album, Kismet, came out in 2007 and she has since released two EPs and one full-length album. She's toured with acts including Mark Knopfler, Elbow, Peter Gabriel, and Andrew Bird.
Jesca is currently on tour with Punch Brothers and will return to the UK this summer in support of her newest album, The House that Jack Built, which drops June 25th. Hoop's single "Born To" is available for early download.
Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with Jesca on Friday, April 20th before her show in the Cannery Ballroom at Mercy Lounge in Nashville. Aoife O'Donovan made a special appearance at the show.
For more information, visit jescahoop.com.