Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Sun September 16, 2012
Japanese Dance Troupe Iwami Kagura Visits Murray State's Wrather Auditorium
As temperatures fall and the season begins to change from summer to autumn, harvest festivals around the northern hemisphere are starting to wind up. In Japan, one of the traditions for the fall is the Kagura dance. Murray State College of Humanities and Fine Arts Dean Dr. Ted Brown, with help from members of the MSU Theatre department and Wrather Museum is bringing the Japanese dance troupe Iwami Kagura to the university next Tuesday. Shelly Baskin spoke with Dr. Brown about the presentation. Iwami Kagura will perform at 7 pm this Tuesday in Wrather Auditorium at Murray State University. The performance is free, and open to anyone who wants to attend.