Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Sun September 16, 2012
Japanese Dance Troupe Iwami Kagura Visits Murray State's Wrather Auditorium
As temperatures fall and the season begins to change from summer to autumn, harvest festivals around the northern hemisphere are starting to wind up. In Japan, one of the traditions for the fall is the Kagura dance. Murray State College of Humanities and Fine Arts Dean Dr. Ted Brown, with help from members of the MSU Theatre department and Wrather Museum is bringing the Japanese dance troupe Iwami Kagura to the university next Tuesday. Shelly Baskin spoke with Dr. Brown about the presentation. Iwami Kagura will perform at 7 pm this Tuesday in Wrather Auditorium at Murray State University. The performance is free, and open to anyone who wants to attend.