Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Sun September 16, 2012
Japanese Dance Troupe Iwami Kagura Visits Murray State's Wrather Auditorium
As temperatures fall and the season begins to change from summer to autumn, harvest festivals around the northern hemisphere are starting to wind up. In Japan, one of the traditions for the fall is the Kagura dance. Murray State College of Humanities and Fine Arts Dean Dr. Ted Brown, with help from members of the MSU Theatre department and Wrather Museum is bringing the Japanese dance troupe Iwami Kagura to the university next Tuesday. Shelly Baskin spoke with Dr. Brown about the presentation. Iwami Kagura will perform at 7 pm this Tuesday in Wrather Auditorium at Murray State University. The performance is free, and open to anyone who wants to attend.