Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 3, 2008
Jackson Precinct to Vote on Winery
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Voters in a Calloway County precinct have until next Saturday to register for a special election that could authorize the establishment of a winery in the northwestern section of the county. Calloway County Clerk Ray Coursey, Jr. says co-owners of Stone Brook Vineyard and Winery Ruth and Rita Daughaday have petitioned sell wine by the bottle at their establishment in the Jackson precinct. More than 800 registered voters could take part in the special election, set for January 13th. If the vote passes, the Daughadays hope to open their winery sometime next year.