Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed December 3, 2008
Jackson Precinct to Vote on Winery
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Voters in a Calloway County precinct have until next Saturday to register for a special election that could authorize the establishment of a winery in the northwestern section of the county. Calloway County Clerk Ray Coursey, Jr. says co-owners of Stone Brook Vineyard and Winery Ruth and Rita Daughaday have petitioned sell wine by the bottle at their establishment in the Jackson precinct. More than 800 registered voters could take part in the special election, set for January 13th. If the vote passes, the Daughadays hope to open their winery sometime next year.