Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu August 5, 2010
Jack Conway still trails behind Paul in polls
By Jacque Day
Murray, Ky. – Democratic U.S. Senate Candidate Jack Conway's campaigning in western Kentucky today in hopes of boosting his poll numbers. According to a SurveyUSA poll released this week conducted exclusively for the Louisville Courier-Journal and WHAS-TV, Republican Rand Paul edges Conway, 51 to 43 percent. Compared to an identical SurveyUSA poll two months ago, the contest is essentially unchanged. Conway may have made up some ground in Western Kentucky, but lost some ground in the eastern part of the state.