Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri October 31, 2008
Ivan Potter: Futurist and publisher of Mississippi River Journal
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – Ivan Potter is a self-described eccentric. Some call his ideas radical. He's a professional futurist, a line of work that not many people understand. He served the administrations of four Kentucky governors from Louie B. Nunn through John Y. Brown, and helped develop national rural development policy under President Carter. Potter admittedly has strong ideas about how to bring Western Kentucky into the 21st Century. Jacque Day traveled to his office in Clinton. There they discussed this region, which he calls a merging new frontier for our time.
Ivan Potter is a futurist and publisher of the Mississippi River Journal. He resides in Clinton, Kentucky.