Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri October 31, 2008
Ivan Potter: Futurist and publisher of Mississippi River Journal
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – Ivan Potter is a self-described eccentric. Some call his ideas radical. He's a professional futurist, a line of work that not many people understand. He served the administrations of four Kentucky governors from Louie B. Nunn through John Y. Brown, and helped develop national rural development policy under President Carter. Potter admittedly has strong ideas about how to bring Western Kentucky into the 21st Century. Jacque Day traveled to his office in Clinton. There they discussed this region, which he calls a merging new frontier for our time.
Ivan Potter is a futurist and publisher of the Mississippi River Journal. He resides in Clinton, Kentucky.