Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 31, 2008
Ivan Potter: Futurist and publisher of Mississippi River Journal
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – Ivan Potter is a self-described eccentric. Some call his ideas radical. He's a professional futurist, a line of work that not many people understand. He served the administrations of four Kentucky governors from Louie B. Nunn through John Y. Brown, and helped develop national rural development policy under President Carter. Potter admittedly has strong ideas about how to bring Western Kentucky into the 21st Century. Jacque Day traveled to his office in Clinton. There they discussed this region, which he calls a merging new frontier for our time.
Ivan Potter is a futurist and publisher of the Mississippi River Journal. He resides in Clinton, Kentucky.